Thursday, May 9, 2013

IT'S HOT MOMMAH'S DAY!


This entry may have an extra special touch since this day is for the women in our lives who saw and witnessed most of our milestones as growing kids. Today, we celebrate a day that may not be a red day in our calendars, but I could say, this maybe considered as "Special-non working-domestic/household Holiday". It appears every second Sunday of May. Mother's Day. Let me splurge some cheesy/melodramatic/emo words for today. Hehehe.
God is truly amazing. He created the better half of men, women. Who carries a child for 9 months. Imagine, 2 person showing and expressing their love for each other, will unite as one and create another human. When I think of this, when moms getting pregnant, they become vulnerable with their lives and will have another human growing inside her body, I mean, Wow! We would not be multiplied without them and we will not see the goodness of God's creations without them. Sabi nga nila, 'nakalibing na ang isang paa' when a woman gets pregnant. But that will not stop from there. She who breast feed, who look after us and our growing years until we become adult. Being a mother is the most critical but the most rewarding of all careers.

My mommy and I celebrate the same birthdate - July 3. We're both cancer. Sa corned beef, siya yung manipis ang hibla, while me is the Chunky. Heheheheh. I am not showy with my emotions. So I hope matuwa siya sa kalokohang ginawa ko.

She is my shield. Mommy sheltered us so much that she doesn't want us to be bullied. She acted as my lawyer, my counselor, my defender. She did not make me feel that there is something that I lack of. She filled it up with love and acceptance. Ewan ko pero may times talaga na I feel wala naman mali sa akin, hindi lang sanay ang ibang tao na makakita ng isang 'unique, chunky and blessed' girl. LOL. Ako na talaga! #feelingerangfrog

I can say that me and mommy are survivors. We have gone through bad times and the worst that you could ever imagine. We have each other to stand for each other. Sometimes instead of me helping mom and be strong for her, she was doing it for us. She boosts my self - esteem ,rewarding me with affirmation. Most of the time, we would argue but in the end, we would laugh it out. Maraming bagay man ang hindi nakakapagsunduan, we would meet not halfway, but with settlement na we would rather not talk about it anymore. But there will be times that she would consult me on what to do or say bilang ako ay mas kalmadong tao than her. Though we are both crazy and mababaw sometimes, we also share the same thoughts on life. She would also ask me if maganda ba yung suot nyang damit, so feeling ko, Im the hidden stylist ng family. She would also not lose hope when we are looking for clothes, ako na yung napapagod pero sya, she would roam around the store and would look for a dress that would fit for me.




Mommy, we are islands apart but thanks to Skype and other technology pieces, parang katabi lang kita. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! <3 you!

To all the moms all over the world, you rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment