Friday, June 14, 2013

A DAUGHTER'S TESTIMONIAL (Father's Day Special)


Mother's day has passed and now, we will celebrate another "Special-non working-domestic/household Holiday". Writing this down creates some sweats at the corners of my eyes. But I need to be composed. This day, I will remember my daddy. The man of few words. The man na minsan lang magpatawa, pero nakakapagpatawa. I miss him.


Daddy was a good provider. If he is not, then, I wouldn't be able to experience toys, foods, shopping, good school and finish college. He did not want my mommy to go to work since he would like my mom to be his queen, naks!
We did not have a tight bond. Since he worked for almost 10 years abroad when we were growing up. I regret that too. I feel sorry for the opportunities I slipped off my grasp. I would be sweeter, I can be the better daughter, if not the best. All of these, will remain "I should have been".

Its been 3 years when he passed away and went home to God. Everything still seems to be fresh. I whispered "I'm Sorry. I love You." but I'm not sure if he heard it. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi. But I think and believe that all the things happens with a purpose. Maybe that's the lifespan of my daddy. It is a lesson for children like me who are not able to express gratitude and love to their parents.

I came to realize that when we were so down, money became a matter, I still have a complete family. He drives before to earn a living. He bid goodbye still thinking of our welfare. Until the end, he remains a good provider.

When the world seems not to care and unfair. When you feel everyone turned their back on you. When doubt, anxiety, weary and unfotunate events consumed you. Our daddy/s waiting for our call. Sometimes, we thought that they do not acknowledge, careless, they are just waiting for us. We can have all moolah in the world, but our daddy, they just want us, we are their happiness. They may not be able to give everything we wanted, but believe me, they have tried. But you have to also ask yourself, "Naibigay ko ba yung gusto ng tatay ko?"

If you still have your dad with you, You are so lucky and blessed! You still have the time in the world to embrace them, kiss them and tell them, "Papa, I love you". Do not waste any chances. If you do, you can only whisper it to the wind.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment